How To Build Your Perfect Skincare Regime
Posted on May 03 2017
Dreaming of a perfect complexion, but not sure where to start? We’ll give you a tip: you won’t find it in the cosmetics aisle in your local supermarket.
To achieve the results you’re after, you need to develop a skincare regime with quality cosmeceuticals. When you really invest in your skin, you start to notice real results.
If you’re looking to establish an effective skincare routine, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we give you the building blocks to finding your perfect skincare regime.
Regardless of your individual skin concerns, everyone needs these skincare products in their kit. These must-haves make up the foundation of every skincare regime and benefit every skin type.
Water alone isn’t enough to remove the daily build-up of makeup, excess oil, bacteria, dirt, and air pollution from your face. Up your game with professional cleansers that leave your skin clean and fresh.
Our favourite cleaners:
- Aspect Purastat 5 Cleanser – This soothing cleanser contains botanicals to protect the skin, while lactic milk extracts help to increase the skin’s hydration for hours after cleansing.
- Skinmedica Facial Cleanser – Pamper yourself with this hydrating foaming cleanser that encourages healthy skin.
- Medik8 Gentle Cleanse – Refreshing and gentle, this foaming cleanser is free of sulphates and soap, protecting your skin’s natural moisture.
Not only will a good cleanser get rid of all the nasties and make your face feel fresh; it will also prepare your skin to better absorb the following products in your regime.
Toner further helps to remove impurities and balance your skin’s pH levels. Toner is generally recommended for those with oily or congested skin, but it’s great for preparing all skin types for any moisturisers and serums that follow cleansing.
Our favourite toners:
- Skinmedica Rejuvenative Toner – Gently refines and rejuvenates the face and neck.
- Dr Eckstein Lotion Vitalising Facial Toner – Essential oils help to smooth and hydrate the skin.
- Medik8 Pore Refining Toner – Minimise your pores with this gentle, alcohol-free toner.
If you’re concerned about going to bed with remnants of makeup or impurities on your skin, an antibacterial toner will give you peace of mind knowing your face is clean and fresh.
If left to build up, dead skin can leave your face flaky and dull. It can also clog your pores and lead to breakouts. Exfoliating removes dead skin to reveal a fresh and smooth complexion.
Our favourite exfoliators:
- Cosmedix Purity Clean – Gentle enough to use every day, this exfoliator stimulates new cell turnover.
- Aspect Cellablation – Use once or twice a week for even toned and textured skin.
- Asap Daily Exfoliating Facial Scrub – This daily exfoliator stimulates collagen production and is suitable for all skin types.
Jump on the exfoliation bandwagon to combat a dull, rough complexion and an uneven skin tone.
Moisturiser with SPF
We’ve said it once and we’ll say it again: UV rays are the number one cause of premature signs of ageing. Everyone wants youthful, radiant skin for as long as possible, and that’s why daily SPF should never be skipped.
Our favourite moisturisers with SPF:
- Colorescience Even Up Clinical Pigment Perfector – This dreamy sunscreen is lightly tinted for a flawless finish.
- Medik8 Hydr8 Day 360™ SPF 15 – Your perfect anti-ageing moisturiser, use this to increase your skin’s hydration levels and protect from UVA and UVB rays.
- Aspect Hydra Shield – Hydrating and nourishing, this lightweight moisturiser is filled with protecting antioxidants.
With so many quality moisturisers containing SPF, there’s no excuse to skip this step in your routine.
If you’re looking to treat specific skin concerns, you’ll need to build on these skincare basics to establish a more advanced routine. For example, those with ageing skin might like to add a retinol serum to fight fine lines and wrinkles, and those with acne-prone skin might like to add a clay mask.
Whatever your skin type or goals, you’ll find everything you need to create an effective skincare regime right here on the Tina Kay website.