How To Treat Acne•
Posted on April 21 2019
Hands up: who feels confident during a nasty breakout?
No one? That’s what we thought.
While acne is a pretty common condition and a part of many people’s lives, that doesn’t make it any less frustrating. There’s nothing worse than having Mt Everest pop up on your face before a big event and feeling like you have to avoid cameras like the plague (if only Photoshop worked in real life).
With a little confidence, you can rock your spots like they’re the latest beauty trend. But if your acne is getting you down, there are some ways you can get on top of it.
Use the Right Skincare Products
Keeping your skin clean is important, but if you’re not using the right skincare products, you won’t see an improvement. Keep an eye out for skincare ranges that are specifically formulated for acne-prone skin, and get to know the ingredients that help fight blemishes.
Some ingredients to look for include:
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) – Deeply penetrates the skin to remove pimples and blackheads.
- Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) – Helps exfoliate skin and prevent dead skin cells from clogging pores.
- Tea tree oil – Disinfects pores and dries out pimples.
- Oil-free products – Some products containing oils can clog pores and cause breakouts. Always opt for oil-free skincare products and sunscreen to let your skin breathe.
For an entire kit that ticks all of these boxes, add the Medik8 Problem skin Soloutions to your regime and thank us later.
Consider Your Lifestyle and Diet
Tackling acne doesn’t just come down to the products you use on your skin. These simple lifestyle and diet changes could help you see improvements from the inside out:
- Drink more water – Water helps to flush toxins out of the body, increase blood flow and hydrate the skin (hello, glowing goddess!).
- Avoid wheat and dairy – This may come as sad news to our fellow bread and cheese platter lovers, but wheat can cause inflammation, and the hormones in milk can cause congestion.
- Get more sleep – It’s not called a beauty rest for nothing! Sleep lowers stress levels, reducing the production of chemicals that can cause breakouts.
- Exercise more – Exercise increases blood flow, sending oxygen to your skin and carrying away cell waste. Just remember to shower after your workout to avoid potential breakouts caused by sweat.
The good news is you can still enjoy your favourite chocolate! There is no evidence proving chocolate is to blame for breakouts, as long as it's just a sneaky once-in-a-while treat.
Get Professional Advice
If your skin is still not behaving itself after you’ve established a skincare regime and made these lifestyle changes, it might be worth visiting a dermatologist or doctor. There are medications that can be prescribed for severe acne that just won’t do what it’s told.
Don’t let acne take over your life (that’s what Netflix is for). View the Tina Kay Skincare range of products for acne-prone skin From Aspect Skincare today.
Your Daily Routine ...
Skincare Routines By .. Aspect .. Cosmedix .. Medik8 .. Societe .. Mesoestetics .. Revision .. Pca .. Dr Spiller & MoreRead More
Beauty Tip: Pressed...
Beauty Tip: If you're looking for a semi-matte look, opt for a pressed powder like PurePressed Base Mineral Foundation. If you're looking for a de...Read More
Jane Iredale - The ...
The Art Of Diminishing and Enhancing Features Contouring is the art of using dark and light shades to enhance or diminish features and balance the...Read More