How To Treat Dry Skin•
Posted on June 22 2019
Tightness, itching, and flakiness – these are just a few of the undesirable symptoms we gals and guys with dry skin have to contend with every day.
But what if we told you it was possible to give your dry skin the boot so that you only ever have to put up with flakes in your soft serve cone? Well, now you can!
Whether you’re guilty of overzealous scrubbing or the central heating in your office has your skin feeling drier than a glass of Sauv Blanc, combating dry skin is simple with the right products.
Read on to find out what’s making your skin so thirsty and the best ways to treat dry skin.
What causes dry skin?
Dry skin can be caused by both internal and external factors, with external factors being the most common and easiest to treat (thank goodness!).
Internal causes of dry skin may include:
- Overall health
- Skin or medical condition.
External causes of dry skin may include:
- Cold temperatures
- Low humidity
- Air conditioning
- Over-washing with harsh soaps
- Overuse of sanitisers and cleaning agents that contain alcohol.
If your skin feels tight and itchy after showering, your skincare products may be removing too much of your skin’s natural oils.
Our Favourite Products for Dry Skin
Add much-needed moisture to thirsty skin with these top picks for dry skin.
- Medik8 Dry and Dehydrated Skin Solutions – This complete kit includes a cream cleanser, night eye cream, night advanced antioxidant cream, and retinol 10TR serum – everything you need to hydrate and nourish your skin.
- Cosmedix Emulsion Intense Hydrator – Quench your skin with this daily moisturiser, packed with shea butter and jojoba oil to replenish moisture levels.
- Aspect Hydrating Serum – This unique formulation works to soothe and calm the skin while providing maximum hydration and reducing transepidermal water loss.
- Skinmedica Hydrating Complex – Apply before your moisturiser every morning and night to maximise hydration.
You don’t have to put up with dry skin when you add a quality moisturiser to your skincare regime. Shop our range right here.
How To Compare Diff...
Medik8's Vitamin A Comparison Table..... Taking the confusion out of what is the best vitamin A for youRead More
The Bi Weekly Routi...
Ever wonder how how "that" girl gets that glowing dewy skin? Heres How....Read More
Your Daily Routine ...
Skincare Routines By .. Aspect .. Cosmedix .. Medik8 .. Societe .. Mesoestetics .. Revision .. Pca .. Dr Spiller & MoreRead More