Spotlight On Colorescience: The Rise Of Mineral Makeup•
Posted on April 21 2019
Mineral makeup isn’t a new concept, but it has definitely taken centre stage in recent years. As more and more people learn the benefits of mineral makeup, they’re opting to put on their face each morning with products that are kind to their skin.
Colorescience offers luxury makeup products that put your skin’s health first. With ingredients that protect and nourish your skin while allowing it to breathe, you can look great while treating your skin like the superstar it is.
Still not convinced that mineral makeup is worth the hype? We don’t like to say I told you so, but…
What is mineral makeup?
So glad you asked! Mineral makeup is made of minerals (duh) like iron and zinc oxides, titanium dioxide and talc that are finely milled into small particles. It doesn’t include the preservatives of traditional makeup, such as parabens, fragrances and chemical dyes, which can irritate the skin.
Benefits of Mineral Makeup
Love a flawless finish but don’t like the feeling of a heavy base blocking your pores and suffocating your skin? Letting your skin breathe is just one of the benefits that makes mineral makeup a favourite all over the world.
- It contains fewer irritating ingredients.
- It soothes and nourishes the skin with ingredient zinc.
- It has been known to improve acne when used instead of conventional makeup.
- It protects skin from the sun with ingredients zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.
Mineral makeup is also perfect for skin that is sensitive to traditional makeup or recovering from surgical procedures.
Why choose Colorescience?
Some of us spend years searching for the perfect foundation. For some, it can seem as rare as a unicorn. Luckily, Colorescience has a range of foundations to suit every skin tone and desired finish and coverage. These bad boys make your skin look gorgeous immediately and keep it looking good in the long run. Features include:
- Infused with antioxidants and vitamins
- Available in broad spectrum SPF 20 and 30
- Option of liquid, loose or pressed finish
- Sheer to full coverage
- Large selection of shades to suit porcelain to deep skin tones.
It’s not just foundations though. Colorescience offers all kinds of gorgeous mineral makeup products.
Our Favourite Colorescience Products
- Sunforgettable Mineral Powder SPF 50 Jar – Protects against sun damage and aging.
- Sunforgettable Brush-On Sunscreen SPF 50 – Use alone or over makeup.
- Colorescience Even Up Clinical Pigment Perfector SPF 50 – A lightly tinted sunscreen to brighten, correct and protect.
Colorescience also has quality eyeshadow palettes, blush, mascara, lip kits and all the products you need to make a beautiful day or night look. Here’s one of our favourites:
Wearable Daytime Smokey Eye and Nude Lip with Colorescience
What You’ll Need:
- Colorescience Natural Finish Pressed Foundation SPF 20
- Colorescience Pressed Mineral Cheek Colore
- Colorescience Mascara Black
- Colorescience Pressed Mineral Brow Palette
- Colorescience Pressed Eye Palette - Timeless Neutrals
- Sunforgettable Summer Nudes Lip Kit
- Powder brush
- Blush brush
- Fluffy eyeshadow blending brush
- Flat shader eyeshadow brush
- Small smudge eyeshadow brush
And don't forget to start with your skincare regime - a fresh, clean face helps makeup apply easier and last longer.
Step One: Base & Brows
- Choose your perfect foundation and cheek colore shades from the range.
- Apply foundation with a powder brush. Start from the inside of the face and blend out towards your hairline, ears, and down the neck.
- Apply blush with blush brush to apples of the cheeks, sweeping upward toward ears.
- Choose your perfect brow shade and use the small end of the brush to fill in any gaps, following the natural shape of your brows.
If you've had a big night, applying the Colorescience Eye Camouflage before your base will help combat dark circles.
Step Two: Eyes
- Using the fluffy blending brush, apply the soft taupe colour (2nd in the quad) throughout your crease using circular motions.
- With the flat shader brush, apply the warm brown colour (3rd) all over the lid.
- Take the darkest shade in the quad on your small smudge brush and smoke out on your upper and lower lash lines.
- Take the fluffy blending brush and blend out any harsh lines until you’re left with a gradient effect of each eyeshadow shade.
- Apply two coats of mascara.
For an even more dramatic, defined eye, smudge some of the Colorescience Mineral Eye Pencil on the outer half of the upper and lower lash lines.
Step Three: Lips
- Line and fill in lips with lip liner.
- Add a generous coat of lip gloss.
You can easily take this look from day to night by swapping your nude lip for a bold red, pink or coral shade.
And there you have it: a natural smokey eye that you can rock at work, lunch with the girls, or simply to get your groceries.
Make the change to mineral makeup and see the difference for yourself. Shop our extensive range of Colorescience mineral makeup and skincare products from Tina Kay Skincare today.
Skincare From The P...
Do you have memories of sleepovers that involved smearing a lumpy mixture of honey and banana on your face, complete with cucumber slices over you...Read More
How To Treat Skin P...
There’s nothing quite like having a fresh, glowing face after a skin procedure, but don’t expect to be a radiant Goddess immediately following you...Read More
How To Treat Sensit...
Are dryness, itching, and redness a part of your everyday life? They don’t need to be. Sensitive skin can be more than just uncomfortable – it can...Read More